Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First Prenatal Appointment

So today was our first prenatal appointment. After searching for the building, and then getting lost in the building, we finally found the midwife office and checked in. There was a lot of paperwork to fill out, but we managed. Then we were called back to meet our midwife.

Her name is Tiffini and she is really great. A friend of mine recommended her and I'm so glad she did. She made me feel very comfortable and at ease, which is really important for someone who's going to be hovering around your nether regions for the next 8 months.

In my last post I explained how my last birth experience was less than what I'd hoped for. Tiffini definitely reassured me that my decision to go with a midwife was the right choice to make. We talked a little bit about my last pregnancy and birth, and then she did the exam. According to her everything looks good. We got a few pregnancy information booklets and Tiffini gave us a cute little calendar that has stickers for all of the pregnancy milestones.

We set up an ultrasound appointment for next month to see exactly how far along I am and if the baby is growing properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment