Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We're Pregnant!

It was a Tuesday morning and I should have been getting ready for school. Instead I decided to take a pregnancy test on a whim. I took the test, expecting to see another negative, and waited patiently. At the five minute mark I took a look and couldn't believe it, there was a second line! It was faint, but it was there. So, I took another test, just to make sure. Sure enough, there was second line on that too. I was using cheap internet tests (they cost me about $.88 each), so I wanted to make sure they weren't defective. So, I took a First Response Early Response test. To my surprise there was a line on that one too! I couldn't believe it! I tucked them away under the cabinet and went to school. Hoping and praying that this was our positive.

When I got home that afternoon I decided to take another test. It just didn't feel real yet. That test was positive too, of course. I was out of my mind at this point. When Rich got home from work I nearly blurted it out, just to get it off my chest. But I managed to keep quiet. I wanted telling Rich he was going to be a father to be special. I managed to keep quiet until Rich left for work the next morning. As soon as he left I was out the door, on a mission.

I bought a onesie, and some iron-on transfer paper. Rich is really into Volkswagen cars, so I decided to revamp their logo a bit. It turned out to be a cute personalized little onesie. I wrapped it up and put it in a gift bag. Then I went to pee on a digital pregnancy test.

I was waiting in the kitchen, with my stomach in knots. I was so nervous to tell him! Not for fear that he'd react badly, but just because this was big news to break. When he came home I told him I finally got him a birthday present, and asked him if he wanted to open it. Here's the video I took...


When I tell him, "That's not it." I hand him the digital test which reads "Pregnant". Needless to say we are both so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment