Monday, November 19, 2012

Pregnancy Cravings

We've all see the scene where the big crazy hormonal lady wakes up at 3 A.M. and has to have a cheeseburger and a chocolate shake. So the husband sleepy pulls himself out of bed and drives to the nearest fast food joint to appease his pregnant wife.

I can't really imagine wanting a cheeseburger at 3 A.M. (the thought of the heartburn that would follow makes me cringe!) but I have been experiencing some pregnancy cravings. Lucky for Rich they haven't struck in the middle of the night. Sleep and food are high on my list but put them together and sleep usually wins.

With my first pregnancy I had really strange cravings. I'm not talking pickles and ice cream though. No, I craved textures and sensations. Weird, right? I remember begging my friend to go buy me a Sprite because all they had in the vending machine was water and caffeinated drinks and I wanted something with carbonation. I also craved raw vegetables and ranch because I liked the crunch. If I had specific food cravings I don't remember them. This was probably in part to the fact that I was pretty well fed during my pregnancy. I was working in a medical office and the drug reps would cater lunch every Tuesday and Thursday. So I was eatin' good in the neighborhood!

This pregnancy I don't have that luxury *sad face*.

Just the other day I wanted salami. But not the packaged kind. No, I wanted the REAL salami (whatever that means). You know, the stick of salami in the intestine wrapping with the white mold on the outside. Wow, that doesn't sound very appealing, but it tastes awesome. So, I went to the store and bought some. Some cravings are just that easy to fulfill. Some, however, are not.

If you've ever lived in, near, or visited Tucson, Arizona then you surely know about Eegee's. If you don't, then you have not lived yet! I keep in touch with many of my friends from Tucson and recently there have been an awful lot of posts about Eegee's. It's basically a sub place, that also has hot dogs, fries (smothered in various toppings), pretzels (also smothered), and other random goodness. But this is not what they are famous for. Eegee's is famous for eegees. What in the world is that, you ask? Amazing, frozen, fruity, yummy goodness that's what that is. Oh, it's to die for. Especially on a hot Arizona day. Hell, I'd take an eegee on the coldest day here in Colorado if it meant I got to taste it's awesomeness!

So, if anyone is kind enough to send me some Eegee's I will be greatly appreciative (and so will my unborn child).

No comments:

Post a Comment