Friday, November 30, 2012

15 Weeks

We'll consider my cravings post my 14 week update because honestly there's not much going on at this point.

I'm a little late in the game posting my 15 weeks update as I'll be 16 weeks on Monday but it's just a number, the baby is going to come when the time is right, not when I'm "40 weeks".

I have started to feel the baby more and more every day. Every now and then I get a swift kick (more like a swift thump) but mostly it's a bubbly feeling. It really is true that every pregnancy is different because Braedan felt more like a fish swimming around in there while this little one feels like it's doing the Hammer Dance in there. I think Rich is a little disappointed every time I tell him the baby's moving but he can't feel it. I told him it'll take time for the baby to get big enough to where he can feel it on the outside, but he's being impatient.

I will take a 15 week bump picture tomorrow and put it up. Things have been pretty crazy around here and finding the time to take (even a quick) picture is hard. That and I don't trust my 4 year old to take a decent bump photo while Daddy is at work. I definitely feel like I have more of a bump this week. Not to mention my stomach muscles are stretching out and I am started to feel it. Just grocery shopping tonight gave me a stitch in my side.

I seem to have hit a dip in energy levels this week. I have been so exhausted every day and nothing has really changed as far as routine goes. I figure that's because the baby is about to hit a huge growth spurt and will soon be (for lack of a better term) sucking the life out of me.

Next week we have our 16 week check-up and for some reason I'm incredibly anxious for it. It's not like this one will be "special" or anything. Tiffini will probably just get my vitals, listen with the doppler, and ask how I'm feeling. Yet, it seems important. That could be because my crazy preggo dreams are getting a little out of hand. Last night I had a bad dream about the baby and reminding myself it was just a dream has been my challenge for the day.

There is a bit of importance in seeing the midwife next week and that is to schedule our anatomy scan! Super exciting since this will be when we find out baby's gender! We're hoping to get it scheduled before Christmas so we can tell everyone on Christmas day, but we'll see how that goes. I've heard rumors that those appointments tend to fill up around the holidays. Maybe we'll be lucky and there won't be enough pregnant women in this town who are far enough along to book them solid. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment